SevenC3 is looking for a brilliant strategist to lead the strategy team at our London office.
You will be responsible for all strategy leadership across a diverse range of marketing and content activities, working with brands from a wide range of sectors, both in the UK and in Europe.
You’ll also lead on the relationship between SevenC3 and the C3 Group, working closely with senior leadership to challenge and inspire new thinking on client briefs and new business pitches, evolve the group’s planning and performance capabilities, and bring thought leadership and innovation into the agency.
Within the group, you’re a constant advocate for strategy, providing a meaningful and progressive presence during the key stages of every project.
- Your role will be to help SevenC3, and the C3 Group deliver the most creative, innovative, and effective work for existing clients and new prospective clients
- You will help our clients plan for the future by keeping them abreast of the latest thinking and research, helping them understand consumer behaviour, culture and platform developments
- You will lead on research and analysis in each project, identifying the brand, market, and client insights, as well as broader trends that inform our response for clients
- You will be the lead on all strategic activities for the London office, bringing insightful and rigorous strategic thinking to every stage of each project, from recommendation for the “long-idea” (our strategic platform) and conceptual thinking, through to comms, planning, performance, and measurement
- You will lead on all new business pitches for the London office, and occasionally contribute to group-level pitches for C3
- You will help grow the profile of the agency in the UK and on the continent, by occasionally contributing to industry press and speaking at events
- You will work with, and as a mentor to, the junior members of the strategy team and the broader agency teams supporting on accounts or on pitches
- You will build senior level relationships with clients and their partner agencies, playing a key role in driving strategic integration between the inter-agency group
- You will deepen our connection to the Group, helping define the group’s strategic product, and bringing fresh perspectives to our roster of high-profile clients within C3.
You’ll know you’re doing a great job when..
- You lead the strategic relationship with clients, becoming a partner and source of expert advice for key client stakeholders
- You inspire the agency to think differently, bringing new perspectives and ideas in that improve the quality of our work
- You bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table; identifying new and innovative ways to help our clients solve their business and marketing challenges
- We are winning new business pitches because of your strategic input
- The relationship between C3 London and C3 Group’s strategy and performance teams is stronger than ever before.
More than this, it’s about how you go about your days at SevenC3. We love it when people are:
- Passionate about their jobs and making them a success
- A reliable, friendly colleague and inspiring member of the team
- Creative and open-minded to come up with the best solution or new initiative
- Positive always, with the ability to rise above any setbacks
- Confident to admit when something isn’t working, come up with ideas and make changes for the better
- Keen to develop themselves, share what you learn and use new knowledge to make things better
- Self-aware, decent and considerate, able to diffuse situations and can work well with different characters under pressure
- Eager to take part in building a great culture, whether that’s coming to our summer party or volunteering to become a mentor
- Able to work well within teams of different disciplines – editorial, strategy, design, account management
- Great with people and able to build a trusted and fruitful working relationship with clients and colleagues
We’d love you to have experience of:
- A brilliant grasp of content marketing and its potential to play a revolutionary role in brand communications
- A broad spectrum of marketing and brand strategy; including content, social, campaign, as well as experience in brand and value proposition development
- Working in a fast-paced creative environment, managing a range of concurrent projects
- Solid strategic and problem-solving capabilities. We’re interested in someone that has a diverse set of experience from both content and advertising agencies
- Working with a diverse spectrum of information, research, and data inputs to discover the true insights, and then transform these insights into focused strategic direction and clear recommendations
- Working with new platforms, new technologies, products, and trends that can influence new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Facilitating internal and external workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Confidently communicating with and presenting to clients and agency staff at every level of seniority
- A solution-oriented approach, helping provide the strategic foundation for creative and performance-orientated members on the account
- Getting seriously stuck in to pitching and winning new business
- Educating and training internal and client teams in agency products, tools, and models.
- You’ll be comfortable seeking out and understanding both the macro and the micro, working with budgets big and small, and tackling marketing briefs that span the familiar as well as the innovative across both B2B and B2C clients.
- Experience with major analytics platforms and insight tools. We have to name a few: Google Analytics, Brandwatch, TGI, PAMCO, Statista, Mintel, Buzzsumo
- Knowledge of in-platform social analytics (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
Hours and Location
We have successfully implemented a hybrid model of home/office working which aims to retain the best bits of remote working while welcoming back the social and creative interaction needed for employee happiness and business success. The focus is more on output and a cohesive culture and less on physical location. Employees will work on average 2 days from our new office space FORA Clerkenwell, and 3 days from home but there is total trust in individuals and teams to flex this blend of home/office working to create the optimal work life balance while getting the work done in the best way.
Our core hours are 9.30-5.30 Monday to Friday. This role is advertised as a full-time role but please talk to us about part-time hours if this is your preference.
In return you get …
- 25 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- Flexibility; we’re very open to a variation in working patterns. Providing it works for the business and works for you, we’re happy.
- Occupational pension – currently 4% matched pension contributions
- Vitality healthcare – single cover
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance and Income Protection scheme
- Regular access to a wealth of wellbeing initiatives from mindfulness and CBT practitioners to yoga classes
- Awesome summer and Christmas parties, plus a calendar of treats/food/drink and team social events to keep you cheery throughout the year.
SevenC3 is an equal opportunities employer to all employees and applicants. Diversity isn’t enough, we believe in the power of unity; we believe in fairness, and we value the kinetic energy that being truly inclusive has on the culture of a business. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, please do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to have a current and full UK work permit and be able to work from our London office. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com REF SS21. Closing date 10th December 21.